How to Get Scratches Out of Black Glass Coffee Table
A black glass coffee table is a stylish addition to any living room. But when it’s covered in scratches from your pet’s claws, it can seem like an eyesore. Fortunately, there are several ways to get scratches out of a black glass coffee table.
Gather Your Supplies
To take care of the scratches on your black glass coffee table, you will need the following:
- Glass cleaner – This helps remove any dust or dirt from the scratched area.
- White vinegar – It is effective for removing small scratches.
- Cerium oxide paste – It helps to polish the surface of the table and remove scratches.
- Soft cloths – Used to apply and remove the cleaning substances.
Remove the Scratches
Once you have all the supplies you need, you can begin to remove the scratches from your black glass coffee table:
- Start by cleaning the scratched area with a glass cleaner and soft cloth.
- If the scratch is not too deep, you can try using white vinegar to fill in the scratch. Apply a small amount of vinegar to a soft cloth and rub it gently over the scratch.
- If the scratch is deeper, a cerium oxide paste can be used. Apply a small amount of the paste to a soft cloth and rub the cloth over the scratched area in a circular motion until the scratch is no longer visible.
- Once the scratch has been removed, use a glass cleaner to clean the area.
When taking care of scratches on your black glass coffee table, it is important to remember a few things:
- Work carefully and meticulously, so you don’t create more scratches or damage the glass surface.
- Test the cleaning substance on an inconspicuous area before using to make sure it is safe for the material.
- Do not use any abrasive products, such as steel wool or sandpaper, as these can cause further damage to the glass.
With the right supplies and a little patience, you can easily remove scratches from your black glass coffee table. So don’t be discouraged – a few careful steps will have your table looking like new in no time.