How to Get Scratches Out of Black Glass Coffee Table
Black glass coffee tables offer an attractive and timeless look to any home, but can often be prone to scratching. Fortunately, there are a few methods you can use to get rid of these unsightly marks and bring back the glossy gleam to your table:
Using a Soft Cloth
- Clean the surface: Begin by cleaning the table, removing any dust and debris. Use a damp cloth and a mild detergent to ensure the surface is free of dust and dirt, then dry with a soft cloth.
- Polish: Use a soft cloth to restore the finish of the table. Apply a few drops of non-abrasive glass cleaner to the cloth and then wipe the entire surface until any scratches have been removed. Rinse with a clean cloth and admire the result.
Using a Toothpaste
- Clean the surface: As with using a cloth, you must begin by cleaning the table and ridding it of any dust or debris. Use a damp cloth and a mild detergent to ensure the surface is clean and then dry with a soft cloth.
- Apply toothpaste: Squeeze a small amount of toothpaste onto the cloth and spread it over the scratched area. Use gentle circular motions to buff the toothpaste into the glass and continue for two to three minutes.
- Rinse: Rinse the surface of the table with a soft, damp cloth to remove the toothpaste. If the scratches have not been removed, repeat the process until they have been.
Using these simple techniques, you can get rid of annoying scratches on your black glass coffee table. Remember to always use a soft cloth and non-abrasive cleaners to prevent further damage from occurring.