How To Get Scorch Marks Out Of Coffee Table
Over time, it is normal for scorch marks and scratches to form on a coffee table due to day-to-day use. Fortunately, there are many easy ways to remove these marks without the need for expensive furniture repair.
Removing Scorch Marks From Finished Wood
- Sandpaper – Start by using using very fine (800-1200 grit) sandpaper to gently rub out the invididual marks.
- Steel Wool – After sanding, use steel wool to remove any minor scratches left behind.
- Wood Putty –For deeper scratches, apply wood putty to the mark and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe away any excess with a damp cloth and let it dry for 48 hours.
- Polish – Finally, use furniture polish to restore the shine and luster to the coffee table.
Removing Scorch Marks From Unfinished Wood
- Heat Gun – Start by holding a heat gun approximately five inches away from the mark, until it is no longer visible.
- Sandpaper – Once the scorch mark has disappeared, use sandpaper to remove any excess debris.
- Finishing Oil – Finish by applying finishing oil to the table, restoring its natural and beautiful appearance.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to remove any scorch marks from your coffee table with ease. In addition, this is an ideal way to give your furniture a longer life, without the need for expensive repairs or replacements.