How to Get Rid of Scratches on Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables are eye-catching pieces of furniture, but they are also prone to get scratched. So, if you need to get rid of scratches on your glass coffee table, there are a few tips and tricks you can use.
Using Toothpaste and Cloth
- Apply some toothpaste on the scratched area, using a soft cloth.
- Gently rub the scratched area in a circular motion.
- Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe away the toothpaste.
Be very gentle when scrubbing the scratched area and make sure to rub away from the scratch, not towards it.
Using a Car Windshield Scratch Remover
- Purchase a car windshield scratch remover from your local automotive store.
- Firmly grasp the glass coffee table and carefully apply a small amount of remover to the scratched area.
- Gently scrub the scratched area in a circular motion.
- Wipe away the remover with a soft, damp cloth.
Preventing the Future Scratches
- To prevent scratches, use felt pads on the bottoms of the furniture.
- Avoid sliding items across the table’s glass surface.
- Clean the glass surface with a soft microfiber cloth for better scratch protection.
- Be sure to place items like drinking glasses and other items on a coaster or mat.
By following these easy tips, you can transform your scratched glass coffee table into a conversation piece.