Remove Markers From Wood Coffee Table
Coffee tables are an essential piece of furniture for most households, and it’s likely that your wood coffee table has been a part of your home for a while now. Unfortunately, these tables are prone to damage over time, and one of the most common forms of damage is the presence of markers. Fortunately, getting rid of markers on a wood coffee table doesn’t have to be a hard or complicated task. Here are some tips to help you remove markers from your wood coffee table.
Things You Will Need
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Cleaning Cloth
- Vinegar and Water
- Non-Abrasive Sponge
Steps To Follow
- Test on a small area – Before attempting to remove the marker, you’ll want to test your chosen cleaning method on a small, inconspicuous area of the wood surface to make sure that it won’t cause any further damage.
- Soak the affected area – Once you’ve determined that the cleaning method won’t cause any further damage, you can proceed to soak the affected area with isopropyl alcohol. Allow the alcohol to soak in for a few seconds before attempting to wipe it away with a clean, damp cloth.
- Create a vinegar and water solution – If the isopropyl alcohol doesn’t seem to do the trick, you can try making a vinegar and water solution. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a bowl and then use a non-abrasive sponge to apply the mixture to the stained areas.
- Rinse off the solution – Once you’ve applied the vinegar mixture, you can then use a damp cloth to gently rinse off the solution.
- Allow the wood to dry – After rinsing off the solution, make sure to give the wood surface time to dry before using it again.
By following these steps, you should be able to remove markers from your wood coffee table without any problems. Just remember to always test the cleaning product on a small, inconspicuous area of the table before using it on the stained area.