How To Get Rid of Glass Coffee Table
Having a glass coffee table adds a modern and stylish look to any room, but can be difficult to remove when it is no longer wanted. By following these easy steps you can quickly and safely dispose of your glass coffee table:
Steps to Removing a Glass Coffee Table
- Gather the materials needed. You’ll need all the tools needed to safely remove and dispose of the glass table from your home. This may include: a box or boxes to use for transport, bubble wrap for padding, scissors, a tarp or drop cloth, large gloves for gripping, and packing or duct tape.
- Cover the glass. Before attempting to move the table, it is important to cover any exposed glass surfaces. Place a tarp or drop cloth on the floor and wrap bubble wrap around the glass coffee table. Secure the bubble wrap to the table with packing tape.
- Carefully remove the table. With two people, the table can be carefully lifted and placed on top of the tarp. It is important to use heavy-duty gloves to grip the sides of the table, and to keep the body in a neutral position while lifting.
- Pack and transport the glass table. Now that the table is wrapped securely, use the packing tape to tape the wrap in place. Place the glass table into a cardboard box for added protection during transport. Make sure the box is large enough to accommodate the size of the table.
- Dispose of the glass table. You may have the option to sell or donate the table, or you may need to take the table to a local recycling center or hazardous waste facility. Make sure to check with your local regulations to determine the best option for disposing of the table.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to safely remove and dispose of your glass coffee table. Be sure to use the necessary safety precautions when handling glass, and make sure that the table is securely packed and transported.