How to get a glass coffee pot clean
Enjoying a cup of coffee is a ritual for many. Whether you prefer to enjoy it alone or with friends, it’s important to keep your coffee pot and its components clean to ensure your coffee tastes as intended. This article provides simple instructions on how to effectively and safely clean a glass coffee pot.
What you will need
- Baking Soda
- Paper Towels
- Soft Cotton Cloth
- Dish Soap
- Empty the content and rinse the coffee pot: Pour out the contents of the pot and rinse with hot water. To help remove stubborn grounds and build-up, use a paintbrush or soft cloth to gently scrub the inside walls and filter basket. Rinse the pot with hot water one last time.
- Create a cleaning solution: Add 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl of hot water.
- Soak your coffee pieces: Place the carafe, filter basket, and lid in the mixture and let them soak for 30 minutes. This will help to loosen the build-up inside the carafe.
- Scrub: Remove each piece from the bowl, one at a time, and scrub with a soft cloth. Focus on scrubbing away any stubborn spots or build.up
- Rinse: Rinse each piece with hot water and set aside.
- Clean with vinegar and lemon: Create another cleaning solution with equal parts of vinegar and water. Squeeze half a lemon into the mixture, and combine. Pour the mixture into the carafe and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse again: Rinse with hot water and scrub with a soft cloth or paper towel. Rinse with hot water one last time and set aside to dry.
Cleaning your coffee pot is an important part of the coffee-making process. Following these steps can help ensure that your coffee tastes great and your coffee pot is sanitary. Remember to clean your coffee pot often and make sure to rinse it with hot water after each use.