How to Get Coffee Stains Out of a Glass Coffee Pot
Coffee stains in a glass coffee pot can be frustrating and tough to remove. Don’t worry though, there are some gentle, effective ways to get the stains out of your glass coffee pot.
Before You Begin
- Test the product you are using. Make sure you are not using a product that may react to the glass. Test an inconspicuous area before using any product.
- Wear Gloves. When using any type of chemical, it’s important to protect your skin from any potential harm.
- Keep the area well-ventilated. Open windows or use fans to circulate the air while cleaning with chemicals.
Removing the Stains
- Fill the glass coffee pot with hot water and dish soap and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda to the water and let it sit for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse out the solution and scrub the stained area with a sponge or soft brush that won’t scratch the glass.
- Wash the pot with hot water, using the sponge or soft brush to remove the last of the stained area.
For more stubborn stains, it may be necessary to use a commercial cleaner. Read the instructions on the product and be sure you are using it correctly. Wear gloves, and make sure the area is well-ventilated.
Mix a solution of one part distilled white vinegar, three part water, and a few drops of dish soap. Let the mixture sit in the coffee pot for 10-15 minutes and then rinse out.
Finally, rinse the coffee pot with hot water and let it air dry.
To prevent stains from forming in your glass coffee pot, you should wash and scrub it with hot water and dish soap every week, and never use abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads.
If you have a stainless steel coffee pot, you should rinse the pot with hot water after every use and the wipe it dry. This will help keep the vessel clean and stain-free.
You shouldn’t leave the residue of coffee in the pot overnight, as it can be harder then to remove.
Follow these steps and you’ll have a clean, stain-free glass or stainless steel coffee pot. Enjoy your morning cup of coffee!