Getting Wax Finish Off a Coffee Table
It is quite common to apply wax finish to wooden furniture as it provides a protective coating against scratches and moisture. However, if you have a wax finish on your coffee table and want to remove it, here is what to do:
Materials You Will Need:
- Plenty of old towels
- A soft cloth
- Place an old towel over the waxed area on the coffee table.
- Warm up the wax with the iron. This needs to be done on a low temperature setting and you should be gentle.
- Repeat the process until the wax softens and starts to melt. Start pressing the iron over the towel in an up and down motion.
- Replace the towel as it gets wax on it until all the wax has been absorbed.
- Run the cloth over the area and polish the wood.
- Do not leave the iron in one spot for too long as it could burn the wood.
- Do not use too much pressure as it could damage the wood.
Hopefully these tips will help you get a wax finish off your coffee table with ease. If you are still having difficulty, you can seek the help of a professional.