How To Get A Ring Off Your Coffee Table
Accidentally dropping your favorite ring on a coffee table can be incredibly stressful. If the ring is stuck, it can be difficult to remove it without causing any damage to your coffee table. Don’t worry, these simple tips will help you get that ring off your coffee table safely and without any scratches.
What You Will Need
- Adhesive tape
- BBQ skewers
- Vinegar or lemon juice
- Hot water
- Soft cloth
- Eyeglass paper clip
- The first thing to do is to try to remove the ring with adhesive tape. Gently place the sticky side of the tape over the ring, and use your finger to press the edges of the tape together. Gently lift the tape and see if the ring is stuck to it. If the ring comes off, you can skip to step number 6.
- Slightly heat the ring by carefully placing the BBQ skewer on the surface of the ring. Leave the skewer on top of the ring for around 10 minutes so it can heat up the ring enough to loosen it.
- If it doesn’t come off with the help of the heat, mix around 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice with ¼ cup of hot water. Dip a soft cloth into this mix and place it over the ring. Leave it for a few minutes then try to remove the ring.
- If it doesn’t come off, press down the ring with an eyeglass paper clip. This can help to break the seal between the ring and the coffee table surface.
- If you are still having difficulty, use more heat from a hairdryer on the ring. Aim the hot air onto the ring for around five minutes.
- Once you have managed to remove the ring, clean the area with warm water and a soft cloth.
By following these steps, you can hopefully get that ring off your coffee table without damaging the surface. Remember to only use heat on your coffee table if it is wooden or metal; never use heat on any type of glass surface.