How to Fix Scratches on Glass Coffee Table
Taking care of your glass coffee table is important to make sure it lasts for years to come. Unfortunately, scratches can occur on glass surfaces, whether they be from a pet, children or even just regular use. Fortunately, there are a few simple and easy steps you can take to fix scratches on your glass coffee table and make it look like new again.
Clean the Table
The first step is to make sure you thoroughly clean your glass coffee table. Start by wiping down the top of the table with a soft, lint-free cloth and some glass cleaner. Be sure to remove all dirt and dust from the table and around the scratches, as this will make an easier surface for you to work on.
- Once the coffee table is clean, you should look for the best way to take care of the scratches. If the scratches are deep or severe, you may need to call in a professional to help you.
- If the scratches are more superficial, then you can try using some household items. One method is to apply a small drop of toothpaste directly onto the scratch and gently rubbing it in. Alternatively, you can use some clear nail polish. Apply a small amount of the polish directly onto the scratch and let it soak in for a few minutes before wiping it off with a soft cloth.
- Finally, you can also try using windshield wiper fluid. Apply a small amount of the fluid onto the scratch, allowing it to sit for a few minutes. Then, gently rub the fluid off with a cloth, and you should see the scratch begin to fade away.
Finish the Job
- After you have removed the scratch, the final step is to finish the job. You can use a soft cloth to buff out the area where the scratch was located, to make sure everything is even and smooth.
- Finally, you can also apply a protective coating such as auto wax to the surface of your coffee table, which will help to prevent further scratches in the future.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix scratches on your glass coffee table and make it look like new again. With a bit of patience and some elbow grease, you will be able to restore your coffee table and keep it in good condition for years to come.