How to Fix Scratches on Glass Coffee Tables
Having a glass coffee table is a great way to enhance the décor of any room, but it’s inevitable that your table will get scratched over time. Scratches can range from small and unnoticeable to large and unsightly. Fortunately, there are a few steps you can take to repair your glass coffee table.
- Glass-scratch repair kit – this can be purchased at most hardware and automotive stores
- Glass cleaner – for cleaning the table
- A microfiber cloth – for applying the repair compound
- Painter’s tape – for masking the surrounding area
- Clean the affected area and the surrounding area with a glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. This will help remove any dirt or dust that could interfere with the repair process.
- Using painter’s tape, mask off the surrounding area to prevent the repair compound from getting onto other areas of the glass.
- Using the glass-scratch repair kit, mix the repair compound according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using the microfiber cloth, apply the repair compound to the affected area in circular motions.
- Allow the repair compound to dry for the amount of time specified by the manufacturer.
- Once dry, inspect the repair job to ensure that the scratch has been filled. If necessary, apply additional repair compound.
- Remove the painter’s tape and admire your work!
And there you have it! You can now enjoy your repaired glass coffee table with minimal effort. Just be sure to check the table regularly and spot clean when necessary.