How to Fix Scratches on a Glass Coffee Table
If you have a glass coffee table, you’ll be aware of the fact that it’s prone to picking up scratches. Fortunately, those scratches can be fixed without too much difficulty. Here’s some tips on how to go about it.
What You’ll Need
- Glass Repair Kit: You’ll need a specialist glass repair kit in order to fix the scratches. These are widely available from experts or online.
- Masking Tape: You’ll need to use masking tape to cover a portion of the table to make sure that you don’t get any scratches on it.
- Clean Cloth: You’ll need a soft and clean cloth to clean up any residue.
How to Fix
- Start by covering the portion that you are going to be fixing with masking tape. This will protect the rest of the table from getting scratched.
- Next, use the abrasive material from the repair kit to gently buff away the scratch. Remember to go slowly and in a consistent pattern to ensure that the gloss of the glass does not become uneven.
- Apply the repairing agent liberally over the area you buffed, and then use a clean cloth to wipe away any residue. You may need to repeat these steps if the scratch is still visible.
- Remove the masking tape, and your glass coffee table should now be scratch-free.
And there you have it – everything you need to know in order to fix scratches on a glass coffee table. If you follow these steps carefully, then you should find that your coffee table looks as good as new!