How to Fix a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables can add a lot to your living room, but the downside is that they are quite prone to getting scratched. If you’re looking to fix a scratched glass coffee table, there are a few ways you can do it. Read on to learn more.
Using Polishes and Waxes
If your scratched glass coffee table isn’t too deeply scratched, you can often remove scratches by using polishes or waxes. There are many products available that are specifically designed for removing scratches from glass surfaces. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Clean the surface: Start by using a damp cloth to clean the glass surface and make sure that it’s free from dirt or dust. You should also use a glass cleaner to ensure that it is free from any oily residue.
- Polish the glass: Using a soft cloth, apply the polish in small circles. Make sure to apply a thin layer of the polish over the entire surface. If the scratch is quite deep or wide, you may need to apply a few coats of the polish.
- Wipe off the polish: After you have applied the polish, wipe it off with a dry cloth to remove any excess.
- Wax the surface: Once the scratch has been removed and the glass has been polished, you can apply a thin layer of wax to the surface. This will help to keep the glass looking shiny and new.
Another method of fixing scratches on a glass coffee table is using toothpaste. This method is easy, affordable, and can be done quickly. Here’s how you can do it:
- Clean the surface: Use a damp cloth to clean the surface of the glass and make sure that it is free from dirt or dust.
- Apply toothpaste: Apply an even layer of regular white toothpaste to the scratched area, using a soft cloth. Make sure to apply enough toothpaste so that all of the scratched area is covered.
- Buff with a cloth: Using a soft cloth, buff the scratched area in small circles. Make sure to continue buffing until the toothpaste starts to dry.
- Rinse off the toothpaste: Once you have finished buffing, use a damp cloth to remove any remaining toothpaste from the surface.
Scratched glass coffee tables can certainly be unsightly and detract from the overall look of your living room. However, fixing scratches on a glass coffee table is a relatively easy task that can be done in a matter of minutes. Whether you choose to use a polish or wax, or you opt for toothpaste, you should be able to have your glass coffee table looking as good as new in no time.