How to Fix a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Making your glass coffee table look brand new again doesn’t have to be a pricey endeavor. Here are some easy options for fixing the scratches without breaking the bank.
- Gather a water-soluble toothpaste, an old toothbrush, and some paper towels.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of toothpaste to the scratch and work it into the glass in a circular motion with the old toothbrush.
- Once the scratched area is lightly covered in toothpaste, use the paper towels to buff away the scratch.
- Important: Incorrect application of toothpaste can cause further damage to the glass.
2. Nail Polish
- Gather professional grade silver or bristle nail polish and some cotton swabs.
- Dab a bit of the nail polish onto the scratch with the cotton swab and rub it in lightly.
- Buff away the excess nail polish with a paper towel.
3. Baking Soda
- Gather some baking soda, a soft cloth, and some warm water.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda with two teaspoons of warm water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to the scratched area and gently rub it in with the soft cloth.
- Once the paste is fully rubbed in, rinse it off with a damp cloth.
- Finally, dry the glass off with a dry cloth.
Once you finish one of these simple steps, your glass coffee table will look good as new. Take your time to make sure you are doing it correctly, and you’ll be happy with the end result!