How to Fix a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Having a scratched glass coffee table can be an eyesore and can ruin the aesthetic of your home. But, there is no need to worry, fixing a scratched glass coffee table is relatively easy and can be done with just a few items you likely already have around the house.
Steps to Repair your Scratched Glass Coffee Table
- Gather your supplies. You will need some napkins or paper towels, white vinegar, a sponge or cleaning cloth, and a scrubbing pad.
- Clean the area. Begin by taking your cleaning cloth or sponge and wiping the surface down. Begin scrubbing the scratched area lightly.
- Make a Vinegar Solution. Now make a vinegar solution. Take a napkin or paper towel, soak it in the vinegar and then place it on the scratched area. Leave it there for around 5 minutes.
- Scrub the Area. Now, use the scrubbing pad with firm pressure and work the scratched area in a circular motion for about 5 minutes. This will help remove the scratched glass particles and hopefully make your glass coffee table look good as new.
- Apply a Finishing Shine. Finally, take a fresh and clean cloth or sponge and wipe down the scratched area. This will give it a nice shine and bring out its original luster.
Your glass coffee table should look like new after following these steps! Be sure to take the extra precaution to ensure scratches won’t reoccur. Avoiding placing hard items on your glass coffee table and cleaning those items before placing them on it can save your table from getting scratched in the future.