How to Fix a Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables are stylish and easy to keep clean which makes them a popular choice for living rooms. However, scratches can make them less attractive over time. Fortunately, there are several methods for restoring the glass surface of your coffee table.
Tools and Materials Needed
You will need the following items to fix your scratched glass coffee table:
- Glass polish
- Glass cleaning solution
- Soft and lint free cloths
- Fine-grit sandpaper or diamond file
- Clean the scratched area of the glass with a glass cleaning solution and a soft, lint-free cloth. Wipe until the glass is completely clean.
- Mix a quarter cup of water with a tablespoon of glass polish, making sure to mix thoroughly. Generously coat the scratched area with the mixture.
- Dampen a soft cloth with the polishing solution and gently rub the scratched area in circular motions to remove the scratches.
- If the scratches persist, start to polish the glass with a very fine-grit sandpaper, such as 1500-2000 grit. Gently rub, using even and light strokes.
- Wash the area with clean water, then wipe it with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- If the scratches remain, move up to a diamond file. Diamond files should only be used if the glass is tempered.
- Once the glass has been polished, reapply the polish solution to the scratched area and rub with a dry cloth until all of the polish has been removed.
Fixing a scratched glass coffee table is not a difficult task and with the right tools and materials it can be done quickly and effectively. Learning how to properly restore the glass surface of your coffee table is a great way to improve its appearance and prolong its life.