Fixing Scratched Glass Coffee Table
Having a glass coffee table in your living room looks great, but if it becomes scratched it can easily ruin the look of the room. Fortunately, repairing scratched glass is possible with some simple steps.
What You Will Need
- Mild detergent
- Soft cloth
- Glass cleaner
- Acetone or a rubbing compound
How to Fix Scratches on Glass
- Clean the Scratched Area: Start by cleaning the area of the scratch with a mild detergent and a soft cloth. This will remove any dirt and dust from the glass which can make it more difficult to repair.
- Polish Away Scratches: Apply glass cleaner to the scratched area and use a clean cloth in circular motions to buff away the scratches. This should help to reduce the visibility of them.
- Apply Acetone or Rubbing Compound: If the scratches are still visible, you can use either acetone or a rubbing compound to polish away the scratches. Use a soft cloth to rub the compound into the scratches in a circular motion. This should help to restore the glass to its original condition.
- If you do not have access to acetone or rubbing compound, toothpaste can be used as a substitute.
- Be sure to use gentle pressure when polishing the scratched area to avoid causing more damage.
With some patience and care, you can repair the scratches on your glass coffee table and restore its beauty.