How to Fix Glass Coffee Table Glue
Using glass for your coffee table can be a beautiful, elegant and timeless solution for your living room. However, it may need to be repaired from time to time due to cracking, chipping, and breaking apart. One of the most common problems is that the glue around the edges can start to crack and peel, leaving it looking unsightly. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to repair the glue and make it look like new again.
- Remove the glass – The first step is to remove the glass top, if possible. Be careful when doing this as the glass can easily break and there may be sharp edges.
- Clean the surface – Using a soft cloth and some glass cleaner, wipe down the entire surface to remove any dust and debris.
- Apply the glue – Spread a thin bead of clear silicone or epoxy around the edge of the glass. Make sure it is evenly distributed and seal the entire perimeter.
- Wipe away excess glue – Take a damp cloth and wipe away any excess glue. Be sure to not leave any behind as this can cause the glass to not stick properly.
- Place the glass – Place the glass top back onto the frame and use a cloth to press it down to make sure it is securely attached. Allow the glue to dry for the time specified by the manufacturer.
- Clean the surface again – Once the glue has dried, use a soft cloth and glass cleaner to remove any excess glue or residue. This will make the table look like new again.
- Make sure the glass top is completely dry before applying the glue.
- If the glue is still not securing the glass properly, you can use non-slip pads or silicone bumpers to help it stay in place.
- Always use a clear glue, such as silicone or epoxy, as this will keep the appearance of the table intact.
By following these simple steps, you can easily repair the glue on your glass coffee table and make it look as good as new.