How to Fix Glue on a Glass Coffee Table
Whether you have accidentally spilled glue on your glass coffee table or have noticed a layer of glue starting to form around its edges, using the right techniques can help you remove it and restore your furniture’s appearance.
- Gather supplies. You will need a razor blade scraper, mineral spirits, and a microfiber cloth.
- Test the mineral spirits. Before attempting to remove the glue, test a small amount of the mineral spirits on an inconspicuous area of the glass to make sure it won’t cause any damage.
- Scrape off the glue. Once you’ve established that the mineral spirit won’t harm the glass, use the razor blade scraper to carefully scrape off any glue you can from the table. Be sure to use a light touch, as you don’t want to scratch the glass.
- Apply mineral spirits. Place a small amount of the mineral spirits on a microfiber cloth and dab it on any remaining glue. Allow the mineral spirits to sit for several minutes before wiping it off with a clean cloth.
- Rinse and dry. Once the glue has been removed, use a damp cloth to rinse the surface and then dry it with a clean, soft cloth. This will help ensure that any remaining residue is removed.
Following the steps above will help you remove the glue from your glass coffee table, restoring it to its previous condition. It’s important to use the right tools and techniques to ensure the glass isn’t damaged in the process.