How To Fix Glass Coffee Table Glue
Glass coffee tables can be great furniture pieces for modern spaces and a centerpiece of the living room. However, when the glass gets cracked, chipped or otherwise separated from the frame, it’s important to be able to repair it properly. The following techniques are easy and can help you fix the glue on your glass coffee table in no time.
- Home cleaner
- New Glue
- Masking tape
- Flat objects to add weight (optional)
Steps To Fix
- Start by cleaning both the frame and the glass, in order to remove any dirt and dust. Use a home cleaner and a lint free, soft cloth for best results.
- Sand the frame of the table. This is to remove any old glue, dirt, or any other residue from the surface. Use fine-grit sandpaper for best results.
- Once the frame has been sanded, make sure to thoroughly clean it off to remove any dust particles.
- Apply the new glue to the frame, spreading it evenly over the surface using a putty knife or a similar tool.
- Replace the glass onto the frame and make sure it is placed correctly and firmly into place.
- Secure the glass with masking tape around the edges. Make sure to tape it well so the glass won’t shift.
- Finally, use clamps to hold the glass in place. If needed, add some flat objects on top of the glass to add more weight, so the glass won’t move out of place.
- Let it sit for about 24 hours, to make sure the glue sets in firmly.
Your glass coffee table should now be fixed and ready to use. Follow the above steps and your glass coffee table will last for years to come.