Fixing Chipped Glass Coffee Tables
Refurbishing a chipped glass coffee table can greatly enhance the look of your living room. The process is fairly simple and can be done with just a few tools.
Things You’ll Need:
- Glass Chip Repair Kit
- Clean cloth
- Oven cleaner
- Razor blade
- Rubber gloves
- Protective eyewear
- Put on the rubber gloves and protective eyewear.
- Clean the chipped glass coffee table with an oven cleaner to remove any dirt.
- Allow the oven cleaner to completely dry before proceeding.
- Purchase the appropriate glass chip repair kit for your coffee table.
- Follow the instructions on the kit to apply the resin.
- Use a razor blade to carefully scrape away any excess resin.
- Allow the resin to completely dry.
- Polish the coffee table with a clean cloth to reveal the shiny finish.
- Be sure to wear protective gear when repairing a chipped glass coffee table.
- If the chipped area is deep or complex, it is recommended to hire a professional to repair it.
- Be sure to purchase a quality glass repair kit that is specifically designed for the type of glass you are repairing.
- You may need to apply multiple layers of resin to make sure the chip is completely filled.
With the right tools and a bit of patience, you can easily repair a chipped glass coffee table. The results will give you an attractive, shiny piece of furniture that will look brand new again.