How to Fix A Chipped Glass Coffee Table
If your glass coffee table has sustained a chip, don’t worry, there are ways to repair the damage without replacing the whole piece of furniture. Here are some steps to help you fix a chipped glass coffee table:
Step One: Prepare The Area
- First, clean the area to ensure there is no dirt or dust present.
- Use painters tape to help secure the edges of the glass coffee table.
- Place a large piece of cardboard underneath the area to catch any falling pieces.
Step Two: Remove The Glass
- Using safety glasses and heavy work gloves, carefully start to remove the chip of glass.
- Make sure to carefully remove all glass fragments from the area.
- Once all of the pieces have been removed, carefully discard them.
Step Three: Apply Epoxy
- Mix an epoxy that is specifically designed for glass surfaces.
- Start to fill the chip using a putty knife.
- Fill the area with the epoxy until it’s just below the surface of the glass.
Step Four: Replace The Glass
- Clean the remaining area of the glass coffee table with a paper towel.
- Secure the glass pieces onto the top of the coffee table.
- Reinforce the pieces by applying a thin layer of epoxy over them.
Step Five: Clean Up
- Allow the epoxy to cure for several hours before removing the painters tape.
- Gently clean the surface of the glass with a mild soap and water.
- Dry the area with a soft cloth.
Following these steps can help you easily fix a chipped glass coffee table. With a little bit of effort and the right materials, you won’t have to worry about replacing your glass coffee table any time soon.