How to Fix a Chipped Coffee Table
Whether your coffee table managed to chip after a family gathering or your friend forgot to use a coaster, knowing how to fix a chipped coffee table is an essential skill. Luckily, fixing a chipped coffee table is both simple and cost-effective, so you can enjoy your home furniture again with minimal effort.
Things You’ll Need:
- Wood putty or filler
- Wood stain
- Remove any leftover debris from the chipped area and make sure the area is completely clean.
- Using the wood putty, apply a generous amount of putty to the chipped area.
- Using a putty knife, scrape the area around the chip until the putty is even with the coffee table’s surface.
- Once the putty has dried, use the sandpaper to sand the putty until it is smooth and flush with the table.
- Apply the wood stain to the putty and the surrounding area, making sure the color matches the existing color of the table.
- Using a clean paintbrush, apply the stain to the entire table, making sure the color is even.
Fixing a chipped coffee table doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. With the right supplies and some patience, you can have your coffee table looking like new again in no time. Remember: if you ever find yourself in a pinch, make sure to use coasters and other protective materials so you don’t have to worry about chips and cracks!