Fixing a Broken Glass Coffee Table
Glass tables can make any room look elegant and modern. Unfortunately, they can be very fragile and sometimes break. Fortunately, fixing a broken glass coffee table is not as difficult as it looks. With the right tools and knowledge, you can easily repair your coffee table in no time.
- Safety glasses
- Glass adhesive
- Masking tape
- Table saw
- Glass cutter
- Measuring tape
- Glass cleaner
Step by Step Instructions
- Put on your safety glasses and gather the materials needed.
- Measure the width and length of the broken piece and create a template of the size onto a piece of cardboard. Cut this piece with a table saw.
- Cut out a new piece of glass to the size of the template. Use a glass cutter with a ruler to measure and mark the area, then score the glass and snap it off along your marks.
- Carefully clean both edges of the broken glass with sandpaper until all of the sharp edges are gone.
- Place a protective layer, such as masking tape, along the table where the glass will be placed. This will provide additional protection from the adhesive.
- Apply the adhesive to the edges of the broken glass and press it together. Wipe away any excess adhesive.
- Let the adhesive set overnight.
- Remove the tape and clean the glass and table with a glass cleaner.
By following these simple steps, you can easily fix your broken glass coffee table. Be sure to take your time and wear protective glasses to prevent any injuries. With this repair job, your table will be back in great condition in no time.