Fixing a Broken Glass Coffee Table
Accidents happen, but it is never too late to restore that glass coffee table you love so much. Follow these steps to get it back in its former glory.
Things You Will Need
- Glass adhesive – available at most hardware stores
- Glass cleaner – to apply the adhesive and clean off any excess
- Fine-grit sandpaper – for cleaning any rough edges
- Towel/newspaper – to keep the glass clean during the process
Steps to Fix Your Glass Coffee Table
- Start by cleaning the entire table surface with glass cleaner and a soft towel. Make sure to clear away any dirt and debris.
- Locate the cracked pieces of glass. If the crack is extensive, try to gather any pieces that are still intact.
- Using the sandpaper, slightly sand down any ragged edges that may have formed around the crack.
- Place the pieces of glass onto the towel or newspaper and apply a thin layer of glass adhesive on both pieces.
- Carefully press the glued pieces together – it is important that they are lined up properly so the fracture line is not visible.
- As the glue dries, press down gently on the pieces from the top and the sides, to ensure that the adhesive binds the pieces together.
- Once the adhesive has set, use a damp cloth to wipe away any excess glue that may have seeped out.
- Your coffee table is now one piece and ready for use.
Fixing a broken glass coffee table may seem tricky but with the right tools and materials, you can easily fix the pieces back together. Remember to clean the area before beginning, and apply enough pressure to ensure that the pieces are securely glued together. After that, your glass coffee table will be looking good as new.