Fixing a Cracked Glass Coffee Table
When a glass coffee table is cracked, it can be fixed with a certain degree of ease. If it’s a minor crack, use the following steps to repair it without having to replace the entire piece of furniture.
What You’ll Need
- Glass adhesive – This will provide a strong bonding agent for the glass pieces
- Razor blade – This tool is used to rub away excess adhesive once it spreads
- Masking tape – This is used to hold the two cracked glass pieces tightly together
- Utility knife
- On a flat surface, carefully lay the cracked coffee table on its side.
- Use a utility knife to scrape away any rough edges that have resulted from the crack.
- Rub a damp towel along the edges of the glass. This will help the adhesive to stick better.
- Squeeze a few drops of the glass adhesive onto one side of the crack.
- Place a strip of masking tape over the crack and press the edges together.
- Smooth the gap between the two pieces with a razor blade.
- Remove the tape and let the adhesive dry overnight.
With the above steps, your cracked glass coffee table will be fixed good as new. Try it out and enjoy your new furniture!