How to Fix a Coffee Table Top
Coffee tables are a great way to add a unique touch to your living room or office space. Often times, coffee tables can see a lot of wear and tear, and may need some restoration every now and again. In this article, we will teach you how to fix a coffee table top quickly and easily.
- Table saw – To cut the new coffee table top.
- Wood glue – To adhere the new top to the table.
- Sandpaper – To smooth down the edges of the new top.
- Wood stain – Used to re-stain the coffee table top.
- Paint – Optional, to paint designs or patterns on the table top.
Steps for Fixing the Coffee Table Top
- Measure the existing table top, and purchase a new piece of wood for the new coffee table top.
- Cut the new top using the table saw to fit the measurements of the old table top.
- Remove any old glue and residue from the existing table.
- Apply wood glue to the edges of the new table top and adhere to the existing frame.
- Let the glue dry.
- Use sandpaper to smooth the edges and create a nice finished look.
- Stain or paint the coffee table top to match the existing style of the table.
- Let the table dry.
- Enjoy your newly refreshed coffee table!
Following these steps, you can quickly and easily fix a coffee table top and make your living space look as good as new. Just a few simple tools and supplies, and you can easily fix a coffee table top and feel proud of your handy work.