How to Fix a Broken Glass Coffee Table
When a glass coffee table breaks, the shards can be dangerous to your health and property. Fortunately, this is usually an easy issue to fix. With the right supplies and instructions, you can repair a broken glass coffee table quickly and safely.
What You Need
- Adhesive – Choose an adhesive designed for glass for a strong and lasting bond. Two-part epoxy is a great option.
- Putty Knife – A putty knife is used to scrape away any pieces of glass and to make a flat surface for the glue to stick.
- New Glass – If you are replacing your broken glass, measure the area and purchase a piece that fits.
- Sandpaper – A bit of sandpaper can help to make a smooth surface for the new glass.
- Old Cloth – An old cloth will help to buff down any rough edges.
- Carefully remove any large pieces of glass with a putty knife and clean off any remaining debris.
- Apply adhesive to the surface following the instructions on the package.
- If you are installing a new piece of glass, place it on the frame and rub it into the adhesive.
- Use sandpaper to sand down any rough edges.
- Use a cloth to buff the edges for a smooth finish.
- Let the adhesive dry for the recommended amount of time.
- You can now use your glass coffee table.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix a broken glass coffee table in no time. Additionally, it is important to be extra careful with glass surfaces. If you are ever unsure, consult a professional or consider replacing the glass altogether.