A Guide to Dress a Glass Coffee Table
A glass coffee table can be a stylish addition to any room, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be an expensive one to provide visual interest and practical utility to the décor. The key to making your glass coffee table look attractive and inviting is to dress it up. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Opt for Decorative Objects
Choose objects that are visually pleasing and suit the rest of the room. Here are some items you can use to give your coffee table an attractive finish:
- Books: A stack of interesting books can give a cozy and well-read look to the table. If the books are the same size, try making an arrangement out of them that’s pleasing to the eye.
- Vases: A single decorative vase or a group of smaller ones can make a great statement.
- Candlesticks: Place some large or small matching candlesticks on the table with candles of complementary colors.
- Decorative Boxes: Place a few colorful small decorative boxes side by side to give a bright and beautiful look to the table.
- Boxes or Trays: Decorative boxes or trays with interesting shapes or designs can serve as a great accent to the table.
2. Curate the Color Scheme
Choose a color palette that works best for the room. If your main furniture and décor pieces are of a simple aesthetic, you can add pops of color with your objects. On the other hand, if you’ve already got a lot of varied colors in the room, opt for items in different shades of one particular hue.
3. Showcase Originality
Don’t settle for plain-looking items or mundane accessories. Get creative and choose items that truly capture your taste and show your personality. For example, you can source unique items from a flea market or an art market or even create an accessory piece to add to the table.
4. Leave Some Room
It’s important to limit the number of items you put on the table. When it comes to styling, less is more. You can also consider leaving some empty spaces around the décor pieces to add depth to the setup.
5. Experiment and Enjoy the Outcome
Dressing up a glass coffee table can be a lot of fun and a great way to flex your creative muscles. Keep experimenting with different styles, shapes and colors until you find the combination that works best for the room.