Decorating a Wood Coffee Table
- Wood coffee table
- Decorative accents (candles, vases, etc.)
- Paint and/or stain
- Protective sealant
- Paint brushes
- Rags/old cloths
- Clean and Sand the Table – Start by cleaning off the table and then sand it to remove any imperfections. Use a fine grit paper to achieve the best results and be sure to sand the entire surface.
- Paint and/or Stain the Table – If you choose to paint the table, use a good quality, no-streak paint. Apply several thin coats and allow to dry completely between each application. If you’d prefer to stain the surface then be sure to apply a generous layer and then wipe off any excess with a soft cloth.
- Seal the Table – Once the paint/stain is dry, apply a protective sealant to protect the table from scratches and other damage. Apply in even layers and allow to dry completely before moving on.
- Add Accents – Now it’s time to get creative! Add some decorative accents such as candles, vases, or tabletop sculptures to give the table some character and make it interesting. Put them in places that you think look best and play around until you get the look that you’re after.
Decorating a wood coffee table is a great way to give your space an inviting and cozy look. With the right materials and a little bit of creativity you can create a beautiful piece that is sure to catch the eye of your guests!