How to Decorate a Glass Coffee Table
Glass coffee tables can add a modern yet elegant touch to any living room, but the challenge lies in how to decorate it. Here are some ideas to help you:
- With the appropriate paint, you can give your glass coffee table a new look. This could mean adding a splash of colour, or even a beautiful design.
- Important: Before painting, make sure that the paint is appropriate for the type of glass. You should also clean the glass first, to ensure the paint will stick.
Vases and Plants
- Placing vases and stem flowers on top of the glass coffee table will instantly brighten up the room. Live plants also add a natural touch, and also breathe freshness into the room.
- For a more bohemian look and feel, consider placing macramé holders to the sides of the coffee table. These can then act as a hanging planter.
Books and Magazines
- Books and magazines can instantly transform a glass coffee table and make it look much more interesting. Whether it’s an art-focused coffee table book or a magazine about your favourite celebrity, these will make for interesting reading material for both yourself and your guests.
- You can also add in your own personalised touch with decorative bookends or cloth book coverings.
- Adding decorations or items such as a chess set, candles, figurines or other odds and ends can create an interesting look for your glass coffee table.
- To avoid overcrowding, choose a few favourite items and place them on different sides of the table. This will allow you to show off your items without making it look cluttered.
Decorating your glass coffee table doesn’t need to be difficult. With some careful thought and creativity, you can turn it into an elegant centerpiece for your living room.