How to Cut Glass Coffee Pot
Glass coffee pots are becoming more and more popular, but they can be tricky to cut. Here are some tips to help you safely and successfully cut glass coffee pots.
Things You Will Need:
- Glass cutting tools such as a glass cutter and glass pliers
- Safety glasses
- Masking tape
- Protective gloves
- Before you begin, make sure you have the proper safety equipment. This includes safety glasses and protective gloves.
- Position the glass coffee pot on a clean, flat surface.
- Using a ruler, mark the area where you want to cut.
- Secure the glass in place with a piece of tape. The tape will prevent the coffee pot from slipping while you’re cutting it.
- Cutting the Glass – Using a glass cutter, score a line along the marked area. Make sure to press firmly and drag the glass cutter in one smooth motion.
- Once the line is scored, break the glass along the line. You can do this by snapping the glass over your knee or by using a pair of glass pliers.
- Break off any sharp edges with the glass pliers.
- Using glass cutting tools can be tricky. It may take some practice before you get the hang of it.
- Be sure to wear safety glasses when cutting glass.
- Glass pliers are the safest way to break off sharp edges.