How To Cut A Glass Coffee Pot
If you’ve ever wanted to cut up a glass coffee pot for an arts and crafts project, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s possible to do so without too much trouble. In this guide, you’ll discover the steps for cutting a glass coffee pot using the correct tools and safety equipment.
- Glass coffee pot
- Glass cutter
- Protective gloves and eyewear
- Put on Protective Gear: Glass cutting can be dangerous, so it’s important to wear protective gloves and eyewear.
- Mark The Cut: Determine where you’d like to make the cut, then mark it with a pen or pencil.
- Prepare The Cutter: Place the glass cutter at the marked spot, then press down and draw it along the line.
- Make The Cut: Measure one centimeter on either side of the cut line and apply pressure with your fingers. At the same time, apply pressure with the glass cutter.
- Widen The Cut: Place your fingers in the space between the cut and widen it until it is sufficiently wide.
- Separate The Pieces: Take the coffee pot and begin gently pulling apart the two pieces.
Following these steps, and using the right safety equipment, will ensure you can cut a glass coffee pot with ease. As long as you take your time and practice patience, you’ll be able to perform a successful glass-cutting project every time.