How To Cover Metal Footings on a Coffee Table
Creating beautiful home decor pieces doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. With a few basic supplies and a bit of patience, you can transform a plain table into a stylish and unique statement piece. If you have a coffee table with metal footings, here’s how you can update it with a few simple steps.
- Table with metal footings
- Fabric of your choice
- Paint or spray paint (optional)
- Glue gun
- Stapler (optional)
- Start by covering the table top with your fabric of choice. Use a staple gun or a glue gun to secure the fabric to the top of the table. Make sure the fabric is smooth and flat to avoid wrinkles.
- If the metal footings on your coffee table have seen better days, you can give them a fresh new look with a coat of spray paint or paint. This will make them stand out from the fabric and add a nice touch to your piece.
- Measure the circumference of the metal footings and cut a piece of fabric to size.
- Glue the fabric to the footings, making sure to wrap it around the metal securely. Be sure to press down firmly as you pull the fabric to get a snug fit.
- Once the fabric is secure, you can trim any excess fabric with scissors.
Adding fabric to the metal footings on your coffee table is a simple and inexpensive way to give it a fresh new look. With a few basic supplies and a bit of patience, you can transform a plain table into a stylish and unique statement piece.