How to Cover a Coffee Table with Fabric
Decorative fabric on a coffee table can bring a sense of style and elegance to your living room and it is an easy and affordable way to give a room a fresh look. Here are some instructions on how to cover a coffee table with fabric so the end result looks professional.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Fabric of your choice
- Measuring tape
- Staple gun and staples
- Measure the surface of the coffee table. Measure the length from one side to the other and the width from one side to the other. Make sure to add an extra ½-inch to each measurement.
- Cut the fabric according to the measurements. Then, iron the fabric to make sure all of the wrinkles are gone.
- Lay the fabric flat on the table top. Make sure that the right side of the fabric is facing up. Smooth out any wrinkles and adjust the fabric so that it is centered.
- Secure the fabric to the bottom of the table. Staple the fabric along the top and bottom edges of the table and in the middle. Make sure that the staples are secure and even.
Tips and Warnings
- Choose a fabric that will coordinate with the rest of the room.
- Make sure that you lay the fabric out properly before stapling it to the table to avoid any misalignments.
- Be careful when using a staple gun. Staples can pinch your skin if you’re not careful.
Covering a coffee table with fabric is a great way to add style and charm to your living room. With the right tools, materials and instructions, you’ll be able to give your coffee table a professional look in no time.