How to Coordinate End Tables with Coffee Tables
When decorating a living room, the furniture pieces you choose will greatly influence the entire look and feel of the space. In particular, the coffee table and end table are two furniture pieces that can make or break the style of a living area. To create a room that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional, it’s important to coordinate these pieces properly.
1. Consider the Shape of the Table Tops
The shape of your coffee table and end table can drastically affect the overall look of the room. When coordinating these pieces, consider the shape and size of each table top.
- Square and Rectangle: If you have both a square or rectangular coffee table and end table, they can match accurately in shape. This look is uniform and clean.
- Round: If your coffee table is round, you can choose an end table that is either round or rectangular.
- Oval: An oval coffee table will look great with either a round or oval end table of similar size.
2. Decide on the Appropriate Material
The material your tables are made from is highly dependent on your style preference, but it can also heavily influence the look of a room.
- Wood: Wood coffee tables and end tables look great when they are of matching colors. You can either choose two matching woods or experiment with colors that are complementary.
- Glass: Glass tables look best when they are the same material or have similar patterns or colors.
- Metal: Metal tables often come in different colors, allowing you to mix and match them for your desired look.
3. Play with Textures and Finishes
Once you pick a material for your coffee table and end table, you can further coordinate these pieces by adding different textures.
- High Gloss Finish: This look gives the tables a sleek and modern feel.
- Matte Finish: A matte finish tends to soften the feel of the room.
- Inlaid Wood Patterns: This style is perfect if you’re looking to create a more traditional atmosphere.
When decorating your living room, always remember that the coffee table and end table are two of the most important pieces. By considering the shape, material and finish of these pieces, you can easily coordinate them in order to create an aesthetically pleasing space.