How to Construct a Coffee Table
Coffee tables make the perfect centerpiece for any living room. Constructing one may seem like a daunting task, but with the right supplies and step-by-step instructions, it’s a breeze. Here’s what you need to construct your own coffee table:
- Table Legs – Decide between four legs, one support in the middle, or a cantilever design (with glass table top).
- Wood Boards – The table top, the feet, and the support beams will all require wood boards of various sizes.
- Screws – The right screws will ensure everything is secure.
- Table Glides – If your table legs have four feet, use glides to make sure they don’t scratch your floor.
- Drill – You’ll need a drill and drill bits to attach everything together.
- Measuring tape – This will help you measure board sizes and screws.
Step 1: Measure and Cut the Wood Boards
Gather your wood boards and a measuring tape and measure the pieces you need for the table top, the feet, and the support beams. Look at the size of the table legs and use the same measurements for the feet and the support beams. Cut each of the pieces to the appropriate size with a saw or a jigsaw.
Step 2: Assemble the Table
Once you have all the wood cut, start by attaching the feet to the table top. Make sure to use appropriate screws and drill bits. If you plan to use table glides, screw them into the table feet. Put the support beams in place with the help of your drill, and finish by adding the table legs.
Step 3: Finishing Touches
Use a sandpaper block to smooth out any rough edges or splinters. You can also stain or paint your table depending on the look you’re going for. Add your glass table top onto the support beams, if necessary, and your coffee table is now complete.
Constructing your own coffee table is surprisingly easy, and doesn’t take a lot of time. With the right supplies, step-by-step instructions, you can enjoy your own custom-made table in no time.