How to Clean a Wood Coffee Table
Coffee tables are a great centrepiece for any living space, but they require regular maintenance and cleaning to keep them looking great. Whether you have a wooden coffee table or one of the newer types that contain glass, here are some basics for cleaning your coffee table and keeping it looking great.
Tips for Cleaning a Wooden Coffee Table
- Dust Surfaces: Use a soft, lint-free cloth to dust surfaces. This will prevent dirt, dust, and lint from accumulating on the wood.
- Clean with Mild Soap & Water: Soap and warm water can help to remove stubborn stains. Make sure to use a mild soap and soft cloth.
- Polish to Restore Shine: You can use furniture polish or wax to restore shine to the wood. Be sure to use a product intended for wood surfaces and remember to follow directions carefully.
- Place Coasters & Mats: Place coasters and mats under drinks, plant pots, and other sensitive objects to protect the finish.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Harsh chemicals, such as bleach and abrasives, should be avoided. These can damage the wood.
- Clean Up Spills Immediately: Wipe up spills quickly to prevent staining. Depending on the fluid, you may need to use an appropriate cleaner.
These tips will help you keep your wood coffee table looking its best for years to come. With a few simple steps, you can keep your table top looking great and your guests happy.