How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Pot
A coffee pot is an item integral to a lot of households, but because of its frequent use, it can easily become clogged and dirty. Fortunately, cleaning the pot is quite simple and requires just a few basic household items.
Steps to Clean Your Glass Coffee Pot
- Remove and discard the filter. The filter is always the first step when it comes to cleaning a coffee pot. After every pot of coffee, remove and discard the filter as soon as it is finished. Without a filter, the coffee ground can easily build up and clog the pot.
- Fill the pot with hot water and baking soda. To clean the carafe, fill it with hot water and a few tablespoons of baking soda. The combination of the two elements will help to break down the coffee ground and any other debris inside.
- Soak for an hour. Once the pot is filled with the hot water and baking soda, let it soak for an hour. This will give the mixture enough time to work and breakdown the build up inside.
- Rinse. After an hour, rinse out the carafe, making sure to get rid of all the baking soda. It’s best to rinse the pot multiple times because the baking soda can give the carafe a bitter taste if it isn’t removed.
- Repeat as needed. Depending on how often you use the carafe, you may have to repeat these steps several times in order to fully clean out the pot. If the pot is still clogged, you can use vinegar to help break down the debris.
Cleaning a glass coffee pot may take some effort and time, but by following these simple steps, your pot will be clean and ready for the next pot of coffee.