Cleaning the inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
What You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Sponge or brush
- Pour one cup of white vinegar into the carafe.
- Fill the rest of the carafe with warm water.
- Stir in a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add a tablespoon of salt.
- Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes.
- Scrub the inside of the carafe with a sponge or brush.
- Rinse the carafe with hot water.
- Repeat the process if needed.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not use metal sponges or abrasive cleaners. Doing so might scratch the surface of the carafe.
- Do not put the carafe into the dishwasher. High temperature or pressure can cause the glass to break.
- If the carafe has stubborn stains, fill it half-way with hot water and 1/2 cup of white vinegar and let it sit overnight.
Cleaning the inside of a glass coffee carafe is easy, and all it takes is a few common household ingredients! Following the steps above, you can keep your carafe clean and spotless for many cups of coffee to come!