How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
If you love coffee, you know that having a clean coffee carafe is important. Whether you’re using a glass carafe for French press coffee or for a cup-at-a-time machine, keeping it clean will help you enjoy the taste of your coffee. Here’s how to properly clean the inside of your glass coffee carafe.
Ingredients & Supplies
You’ll need the following items to clean your carafe:
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is great for getting grime and stains out of glass.
- White Vinegar:Vinegar is great for neutralizing odors.
- Scrubber Sponge: Use a soft scrubber to gently clean the sides and bottom of the carafe.
- Mix ¼ cup of baking soda with 1 cup of white vinegar in your carafe. This will create a fizzy reaction that helps to break down any dirt or residue.
- Scrub the interior of the carafe with a sponge, using the baking soda and vinegar solution to clean.
- Rinse the carafe with warm water and let it air dry.
- For heavy stains, you may need to repeat the process with more baking soda and vinegar.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure the carafe is completely dry before storing.
- For an extra clean, you can also add a few drops of essential oils to the baking soda and vinegar solution.
- If your carafe has a lid, make sure to clean it with soapy water as well.
Keeping your glass carafe clean is important if you want to enjoy the full flavor of your favorite cup of coffee. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you’ll be able to keep your carafe looking and smelling fresh.