Cleaning the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
It is important to clean the inside of your glass coffee carafe regularly, especially if you are using it multiple times a day. Otherwise, bacteria or residue from coffee grounds can build up and lead to a less than desirable cup of coffee. Here is how to keep your carafe clean:
- A clean cloth
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Dish soap (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
- Make sure your carafe is empty and remove any filter if you are using one.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and a few drops of liquid dish soap to a small amount of hot water.
- Dab the cloth in the mixture, and wipe the interior of the carafe with the cloth.
- Rinse out the carafe and cloth with plain hot water.
- Fill the carafe halfway with water, and the other half with white vinegar.
- Let the mixture sit in the carafe for 30 minutes.
- Empty the carafe, then rinse and dry completely.
Tips for Maintaining Carafe Cleanliness
- Cleaning regularly – Wipe off the outside of the carafe with a damp cloth every time you use it to keep it free of fingerprints and dirt.
- Using the right cleaner – Using harsh cleaning agents like bleach or harsh detergents can leave residue that can leave an undesirable flavor in your coffee. Use natural products like baking soda and white vinegar instead.
- Making sure it is dry – When you are done cleaning the carafe, be sure to thoroughly dry it before using it again to avoid any unwanted flavors or bacteria growth.
By following these steps, you can keep your glass coffee carafe clean and make sure you are always enjoying your morning cup of coffee.