How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
Keeping your coffee carafe clean is an important part of making good-tasting coffee. Coffee carries oils, which can make it taste stale if they are not cleaned away regularly. Here are some steps on how to effectively clean the inside of glass coffee carafe.
Steps to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
- Wash the carafe. Before cleaning, remove any lingering coffee grounds and wash the carafe with warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly.
- Pour the baking soda and boiling water into the carafe. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda and fill the carafe with boiling water. Let this sit for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the carafe. Take a sponge and gentle scrub the sides and bottom of the carafe. Do not use an abrasive pad.
- Rinse the carafe. Rinse the carafe thoroughly with hot water.
- Repeat if necessary. If a stronger cleaning is needed, repeat the steps.
By following these steps, you can keep your coffee carafe clean and help ensure that your coffee will taste great. Regular cleaning is essential to keep your coffee carafe in top condition.