Cleaning the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
- A soft sponge
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Step One: Fill the carafe with hot water and baking soda, so it is about half full. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Step Two: Empty the carafe and rinse it out with hot water.
- Step Three: Run a few drops of white vinegar around the inside of the carafe and use the soft sponge to scrub any remaining residue.
- Step Four: Rinse the carafe with hot water again, then let it sit and air dry.
- Discoloration can be due to mineral deposits from the water so using filtered water or distilled water in the carafe can help prevent this.
- Acidic substances like vinegar can cause pitting and weakening of the carafe’s surface, so don’t leave the vinegar in the carafe for more than a few minutes.
- Be sure to unplug the carafe from the wall before cleaning, and be careful not to burn yourself with the hot water.