How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
Glass coffee carafes are prone to staining and discoloration, especially if coffee is allowed to settle on the interior surface. Fortunately, it’s easy to get a carafe looking like new again with a few simple cleaning steps.
What You Need:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Wash with dish soap and water: Start by adding a few squirts of dish soap to the carafe and fill with hot water. Swish the water around and let it sit for a few minutes. Use a long-handled brush to scrub the interior of the carafe. Rinse with hot water, then dry with a paper towel.
- Use baking soda: If there is still discoloration, sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into the carafe, add a few drops of water and use a long-handled brush to scrub it. Rinse with hot water and dry with a paper towel.
- Use vinegar: If the baking soda doesn’t do the trick, put a few tablespoons of white vinegar in the carafe. Fill the carafe with hot water, let it sit for a few minutes, then empty. Rinse with hot water and dry with a paper towel.
- Clean the carafe after each use to prevent staining.
- If the problem is especially bad, use a commercial glass cleaner.
By following these steps, it’s easy to get a glass coffee carafe looking new again. Regular cleaning will help extend the life of the carafe and prevent permanent staining.