How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
Having a coffee carafe at home is a great way to make large batches of coffee. However, it’s important to keep your carafe clean, both inside and out. Here are some tips to help you get the coffee carafe sparklingly clean!
Cleaning with Dish Soap and Warm Water
- Mix together some dish soap and warm water in the carafe. Put a teaspoon of unscented dish soap in the carafe, and fill it with warm water.
- Scrub the inside of the carafe. Use a sponge or a brush to scrub the inside of the carafe. Give it a good scrub, paying special attention to the corners, where there might be coffee residue.
- Rinse it out with hot water. Once you’re done scrubbing, rinse the carafe with really hot water. This helps to get rid of any soap residue as well as any pesky coffee particles.
Cleaning with Vinegar
- Fill the carafe with vinegar. Fill your carafe with white vinegar–it should be enough to fill it up to the top. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Throw away the vinegar. Pour out the vinegar, and give the carafe a little bit of a rinse.
- Fill the carafe with hot water and dish soap. Fill the carafe up with hot water, and add a teaspoon of dish soap.
- Scrub the vinegar out of the carafe. Scrub the inside of the carafe with a brush or sponge – make sure you get into the corners and crevices where vinegar residue may still linger.
- Rinse out the carafe with hot water. Give the carafe a good rinse out with hot water.
A clean coffee carafe is a happy carafe. With these easy steps, you’ll be able to keep your carafe sparkling clean and ready for your next batch of coffee. Whether you choose to clean with dish soap and water or vinegar, your carafe will thank you for it!