How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
Coffee lovers rejoice! Cleaning your coffee carafe does not have to be a daunting task. Follow these easy steps and you can have your coffee machine back in action in no time.
Things You’ll Need:
- Hot water
- Empty the carafe – Empty the carafe of any remaining coffee grounds or water.
- Rinse – Rinse the carafe with hot water to get rid of any coffee residue.
- Pre-soak – Fill the carafe with hot water and a few squirts of dish soap and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Clean – Use a soft sponge or brush to clean the inside of the carafe, pushing on any stubborn stains or residue. Rinse with hot water afterwards.
- De-calcify – You may need to de-calcify your carafe if it is covered with mineral deposits. To do this, fill the carafe with 1 part vinegar and 1 part hot water and let it sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, use a sponge or brush to scrub off any remaining residue. When finished, rinse the carafe with hot water.
- Finish up – Dry the interior of the carafe with a clean cloth and reassemble the carafe onto the coffee machine. Your coffee carafe is now clean and ready for use.
You’ll be brewing delicious coffee in no time with a clean and safe carafe. Do not forget to clean your carafe often for optimal performance!