How to Clean the Inside of a Glass Coffee Carafe
– Dish detergent
– Long brush
– Baking soda
– White vinegar
- Mix 1 tablespoon dish detergent with hot water and fill the carafe. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Take a dish cloth or sponge and wet it with the detergent-and-water solution. Wipe the inside of the carafe with the damp cloth or sponge.
- Use a long brush to make sure that any stuck-on residue is scrubbed away.
- Drain the soapy water. RInse the carafe with hot water several times to eliminate any soap residue.
- If there is still some residue, mix a paste of baking soda and water, spread it inside the carafe and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then use the brush to scrub the paste away.
- If there is a particularly stubborn stain, fill the carafe with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Using the brush, scrub the stains away. Rinse the carafe with hot water.
- If you want to disinfect, mix 1 teaspoon of bleach with 1 quart of water and rinse the carafe with the solution. Rinse the carafe again with hot water to remove the bleach residue.
Important Safety Tips
- Always use hot water while cleaning and rinsing a carafe.
- Always wear protective gloves to avoid contact with cleaning products.
- Rinse thoroughly and make sure that all the soap or vinegar residue is gone before using the carafe.
- Let the carafe dry completely before using it.