Clean Your Glass Coffee Pot Like a Pro
Making fresh coffee is one of the great pleasures in life, but every so often you’ll need to stop and give your glass coffee pot some much-needed TLC. Cleaning your glass coffee pot is one of the least enjoyable aspects of making coffee, but it’s essential to keeping your coffee fresh and in good condition. Follow the below steps and you’ll be clean in no time.
What You’ll Need
- Baking soda: Baking soda is an all-purpose cleaning wonder.
- Dish soap: Plain dish soap is all you need to work up a cleaning lather.
- Vinegar: Vinegar is an effective natural cleaning agent that can help to remove mineral deposits.
Steps to Clean Your Glass Coffee Pot
- Take out your glass coffee pot and wash it in soapy water. You can use a soft-bristled brush to help remove some of the caked on residue if required.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with eight tablespoons of hot water. Place this mixture in your glass pot and stir it around to work up a lather.
- Leave the baking soda and lather inside the pot for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the glass pot with hot water twice.
- If you have particularly stubborn stains and deposits, you can use a mixture of 50% vinegar and 50% water. Place this mixture inside the pot, cover it and leave for 10 minutes.
- Use a soft-bristled brush and give your pot a good scrub.
- Rinse the glass pot with hot water twice to remove any soap suds and vinegar residue.
The Final Step – Dry!
The last step in your coffee pot cleaning process is to make sure your glass pot is completely dry. Place the coffee pot on a towel and allow it to air dry. Always make sure your pot is completely dry before placing it back on your coffee machine – any water droplets can cause staining or corrosion of your coffee machine’s components, so make sure your coffeepot is perfectly dry.
With just a few easy steps, you can be sure that your glass coffee pot not only looks its best, but that your coffee tastes as fresh and flavourful as ever. Get in the habit of cleaning your coffeepot regularly, and you’ll be able to enjoy your favourite beverages the way they’re meant to be – delicious and free of unpleasant odors!